Sarah started to change — to drift, mentally, physically — right around when she went to college. We wouldn’t hear from her for weeks, then months. She left school — she said she needed space to grow, and we agreed to give it to her. We got an email saying she was in California (she kept mentioning the palm trees), and then, just a few weeks later she tagged us in this picture on Facebook with the caption “in Japan for the Olympics.” In a moment of confusion we googled Tokyo Olympics, but of course we were right — 1964. It was 2010.
Narrative Voice is the hub for a collaborative story: each post begins a chapter which continues when you add to it in the comments. Please contribute. Feel free to do so by linking to content outside of this site.
Table of Contents
- @IvankaTrump @POTUS Why is a crappy purse designer weighing in to thank a kidnapper? 6 hours ago
- @Alyssa_Milano Those types of people are why I’m an atheist- too many of them 4 days ago
- @realDonaldTrump Country’s 4 days ago
- RT @Lawrence: This is like the time Trump said he lost "hundreds" of friends on 9/11. Zero. He lost zero friends on 9/11. He attended zero… 6 days ago
- @realDonaldTrump Not you, duh 6 days ago